Monday, September 2, 2013

Trust, Honest and Truth

I wrote a similar post about this topic a while back and it still hold truth til this day. But could being too honest be harmful then good? sometimes I ask myself that only because I've been honest my whole life, sometimes it's really good and refreshing to others then sometimes they can't handle my too honest approach. In the past, I've been too honest about a situation or situations that had happened in my life but it ended up biting me in the butt because certain people that I thought I could trust would throw it in my face.

There were other times that I was too honest and most people love it. All in all, I expect others that I know to be honest with me even if it may hurt. But lately I've come across some people that are not honest or truthful at all and I have a problem with that. When you are not being truthful or honest, to me that comes off deceitful and I can't trust what comes out of your mouth as truthful. They want to feed you these lies so it'll make me feel better and also shut me up but little do they know it'll make it worse because I can't trust you now.

It takes me a while to trust someone because I've been lied to, cheated on and gotten stab in the back by people I cared about. So with that being said, I have a hard time trusting people. They say, "Trust is earned" I believe it 110%. A good friend of mine recently told me, "You have to guard your heart" meaning you have to guard it from people that would try to stomp on it without a care. I have a lot of heart to give and maybe that's my problem, it keeps getting stepped on by the wrong people that don't deserve my heart. "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23. I believe this scripture from the bible because it holds true to everything.

Even though sometimes my honesty can hurt people, I'm still going to be completely honest no matter what because honesty is the BEST policy and I'm not going to change a good trait. Later in life more people would eventually prefer the trust, honest and truth.


 
Source:
Bible - New International Version

No comments:

Post a Comment