Friday, August 10, 2012

I Passed with Flying Colors

I've been slacking on blogging lately only because I've been working hard at my new job, making sure I'm understanding the whole processing procedure. There is a lot to learn about processing in financial aid. Training takes 4 weeks and at the end is a final, the final is determined if you are competent on the floor or not. This shows the company that you've learned and grasps the basics and will be able to do your job correctly.

Right before taking the final we had a review on all the material we've learned over the past 4 weeks. Everything we were going over seemed fine, I knew the material and my notes were organized enough, well, I rewrote them so it does look organized and not confusing. But when it was time to take the final I got really nervous. A lot of things was going through my head like, what if I don't pass? what's going to happen to my job if I don't pass? I had to take a deep breath and calm my mind for clarity.

It took me 5 1/2 hours to finish my final, that's including double checking my answers and the ones I skipped over. I finally took a lunch break, spoke with my teammates and shadowed before they called me back in for the final results. I was super nervous because I didn't want to fail, I'm such an overachiever and I hate losing or failing at anything. All in all, I passed my final with flying colors and I would have had a much higher score if I didn't make silly mistakes but I passed that's all that matters. Whoot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment