Sunday, October 14, 2012

J. Alexander's Restaurant Review

I normally don't write reviews on restaurants but more on food items but I must say, I really like this restaurant. Me and my boyfriend usually go to our local restaurants to have a bite to eat but we decided to switch it up a little. He mentioned J. Alexander's prior to us going because he dined there before. The last time he was there was several months ago and he liked it. Since I never been there before I decided to look online for their menu because their website for some reason didn't have a menu. The only bugged me about the menu was that it was limited, too small. They only had a few items; 5 or 6 appetizers, a small list of entrees, wine list was limited as well.

I'm thinking maybe they'll have a better selection, so we arrive and the ambiance is beautiful and upscale, a classy restaurant for sure. We ordered drinks, I had a Pomegranate Martini which was to die for, it was sweet with very little alcohol taste to it. My boyfriend ordered the Espresso Martini and that was to die for as well, it had a couple of pieces of coffee beans for a bolder flavor. It was time to order, I ordered the Barbecue Danish Baby Back Ribs, fell off the bone goodness with Tequila Beans which I can't stop thinking about it, it was soooooo good, right along with 'not your ordinary' mac and cheese which was also a very delicious food item. I switched out the coleslaw for that and I was glad I did. My boyfriend ordered the Steak Maui with the smash potatoes, and let me tell you, the steak melted in my mouth. It was very good too. I wish I had my camera with me to take pictures because the food was outstanding.

I would definitely go back but not as a every weekend thing only because for one, it has a very limited menu and two, it's a little on the pricy side.

No comments:

Post a Comment